NIKIs Press Releases
All eyes on the future at NIKI
New additions to fleet and route network
NIKI’s fleet is set to grow from 12 to 16 aircraft in 2010. Thanks to its strongperformance in 2009 the airline is now well placed to expand.
Niki Lauda: “We look likely to hit this year’s growth targets despite the crisis, with passenger volumes and revenue both up by around 25%. Demand for NIKI flights is stronger than ever.” The addition of new aircraft will raise capacity and allow the airline to fly new routes.
New City Shuttle flights
- A third daily service to Frankfurt will be launched in November 2009.
- Daily flights to Belgrade, Bucharest and Sofia will be introduced in February 2010.
- Summer 2010 will see the addition of a third daily flight to Paris.
- Also in summer 2010, use of the slots on the Vienna-Rome route will be improved by using larger aircraft.
New-look charter services
- NIKI will further strengthen its focus on flights to Spain
- In February 2010 Jerez de la Frontera will become the next destination, after Malaga, to be served by non-stop flights.
- Vienna-Sardinia will be added to the route network. There will be twice-weekly flights to Olbia and weekly services to Cagliari.
- Charter capacity for holidaymakers heading for Egypt, Greece, Spain and Turkey.
Bookings for all new destinations from October 2009
Niki Lauda said: “We are keeping a close eye on the openings created by the new Lufthansa-AUA and SkyEurope situations, and willexploit any attractive growth opportunities that emerge. Our partnership with Air Berlin makes it very easy to market Southeast European destinations. Vienna is an excellent hub. A first step, made possible by the new EU regulations, is the third daily service to Frankfurt.”
First half of 2009: strong growth and solid earnings
NIKI is standing by its revenue guidance of around EUR 275 million (m) for 2009, and passenger volume is seen at about 2.6m. The airline will again be in the black this year.
As Niki Lauda commented: “We have stuck to our guns and been rewarded by a rise in passenger numbers and revenue. Our growth is healthy because it is profitable. And we are giving customers precisely what they want – a combination of low fares and high service standards.”
Tel: 0043 1 70126 445