The Web Check-in feature is quick, easy and gives you the option of checking in up to 30 hours before departure (closes two hours before departure).
This service is available for all bookings with a valid e-ticket (paperless ticket), irrespective of whether the flight was booked online, via a travel agency or NIKI’s Service Centre. Once you have entered your booking reference number and your surname, you are free to select a seat and print out boarding passes for yourself and up to nine other travellers.
Upon arrival at the airport you can go straight to the gate – making queuing at the check-in desk a thing of the past. If you would like to check in baggage please use the designated baggage drop-off counter or check-in desk. The Web Check-in facility is available on the following routes
E-mail Check-in Invitation
Simply have an e-mail sent to you as soon as your flight is available for Web Check-in. This service is available for all of airberlin’s European flights.
The E-mail Check-in invitation is simple to use – a notification informing you when your flight becomes available for Web Check-in is automatically forwarded to your e-mail address (registration necessary). You can then select your preferred seat online and print out your boarding pass from the comfort of your own home. When you get to the airport you can go straight to the departure gate.
airberlin’s e-Services are a simple and convenient way to check in or reserve a seat. During the booking process you can select the e-Service you would like to use. When you get to booking step 4 / "Enter invoice details" you will see a list of the services available for that particular flight in the column headed "e-Services".
These services are available up to 30 hours before departure for advance bookers, and from three hours before departure for last-minute bookers.
The airberlin MMS Check-in service allows you to manage your entire check-in process on your mobile telephone. All you require is an MMS-enabled mobile phone, and a German or Austrian mobile telephone number. We will send your boarding pass – in the form of a barcode – directly to your mobile via MMS.
How MMS Check-in works:
- You will be sent a text message for each leg of your journey as soon as your flight is available for check-in. Example: NIKI - MMS Check-in Invitation: Flight AB 6205 TXL-MUC 01Apr, at 17:00. To check in please reply to this SMS with: 6205
- You will then be checked in if you then send a confirmation text message (enter your four-digit flight number) up to one hour before scheduled departure. We will also take your individual seating preferences into account (subject to availability).
- The boarding pass is sent to your mobile as a barcode via MMS.
- At the airport you can go straight to the departure gate, and present the barcode on your screen for scanning.
Please use the designated baggage drop-off desks or the check-in desks if you would like to check in baggage.
More information about checking in by MMS
Text message seat reservation
The SMS seat reservation facility allows you to reserve seats on NIKI flights via text message. It’s quite simple:
- We will text you a reminder for each leg of your flight as soon as your flight is available for seat reservation. Example: NIKI - SMS Seat Reservation: Flight AB 6205 TXL-MUC 01Apr, at 17:00. To reserve a seat please reply to this SMS with: 6205
- You can reserve a seat by sending us a confirmation text (enter your 4-digit flight number) up to one hour before the scheduled departure of the flight. We will also take your individual seating preferences into account, subject to availability.
- At the airport you will receive your boarding pass as usual from the airberlin check-in desk or at the Quick Check-in machine
Beat the queues by using the ultra fast NIKI Check-in machine – whether you have baggage to check in or not. The check-in facility is available from 30 hours to 30 minutes before the departure of the flight.
Please have the following ready:
- Your credit card or
- Your topbonus card
Simply follow the on-screen instructions:
Your flights will be displayed on screen as soon as your identity has been verified. Select the flight for which you are checking in.
Select your preferred seat.
Finally, remove your boarding pass. Repeat the procedure to check in anyone travelling with you.
Please use the designated baggage drop-off desks or the check-in desks if you would like to check in baggage. Baggage cannot be checked in before the check-in desks open.
NIKI’s automated check-in machines are already available at 14 airports in Germany and at numerous other airports in other European countries.
You will be handed your boarding pass and can check in your baggage at NIKI’s check-in counters. Please make sure that you allow sufficient time to collect your boarding pass before check-in closes. Separate check-in desks are available for business class passengers.
Check-in service at Swiss railway stations
The Swiss National Railway (SBB) "Check-in at the station" service allows passengers to check in for their NIKI flight at more than 50 railway stations nationwide, with the added convenience that baggage can also be checked in. Passengers obtain their boarding pass and seat reservation at the railway station. Check-in opens 24 hours before departure. This service (incl. boarding pass) costs CHF 20 per checked in item or CHF 10 if no luggage is checked in. The service is also available for return flights. The Fly-Rail-Baggage service means that your baggage will be carried from any airport in the world straight back to your chosen railway station in Switzerland.
More information is available at www.sbb.ch/check-in