Graduate to the flight deck with NIKI
NIKI is offering prospective pilots the opportunity to participate in a new and unique training programme – followed by a secure job with the airline!
NIKI has devised a contemporary training model for prospective pilots who are looking to acquire their Multi-Crew Pilot Licence (MPL).
Licence holders will go on to fly Airbus 320s or Embraer 190s on NIKI’s scheduled services.
This programme – the first of its kind to be offered in Austria – has been specially tailored to mirror the requirements of a modern airline, and will be run in partnership with the Aeronautx flight academy. From the outset, the training sessions are geared towards the scenarios encountered on the flight deck of any modern commercial aircraft.
All participants in the MPL training programme are assured a secure job in the cockpit of a NIKI aircraft, but first they must graduate from a programme that is:
- based on the latest flight simulation technology, which incorporates all aspects of flying in a fully automated cockpit from the first day of training.
- divided into four phases: phases 1 and 2 take place at the Aeronautx flight academy, and phases 3 and 4 are hosted at NIKI. After the fourth phase, cadets are given the opportunity to practice landings in an Airbus 320 or Embraer 190, as well as a 100 supervised flying hours aboard scheduled flights operated by NIKI.
- structured around a skill acquisition model, and as such only uses the very latest training methods.
- designed to provide a minimum of 800 hours of theory and 240 hours of practical flight training.
- geared towards NIKI practices from the outset, meaning that new pilots are exceptionally well-prepared for life with the airline.
- centred on honing soft skills such as decision making, stress management, teamwork, and threat and error management.
Applications should be submitted to the Aaeronautx website (www.aeronautx.at),
where you will also find more information on entry requirements, course topics, costs and application procedures.